free software and altruism

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Tue Sep 16 23:23:49 PDT 2008

today I saw Ian Murdock of Debian fame at BALUG in SF

He's working for Sun now, and fielded quite a range of questions about
his time at Debian and at Progeny and his current gig as a VP at Sun

Cooincidentally, I also listened to this cool podcast interview by
another open source advocate at Sun...

http://twit.tv/floss39
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/twit.cachefly.net/FLOSS-039.mp3

Simon Phelps has some very interesting perspective on quite a few
things, including the iphone, open source, corporations, and even
altruism.  His comments on the latter led me to this blog about the
motives of those who write free software...

http://cuddletech.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=694

--
Best Regards.
Please keep in touch.