Ian Murdock @ BALUG Tuesday! (RSVP! - different venue!)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 11 13:25:36 PDT 2008

Hi Folks:
Ian Murdock will be speaking at BALUG this coming Tuesday (2008-09-16).
Ian founded Debian in 1993 and served as project lead through 1996.
Currently Ian is the Vice President of Developer and Community
Marketing at Sun Microsystems and previously was the CTO of the Linux
Foundation.  (Full bio links below)

============================
VERY important changes...
============================

1)Change in venue
We are NOT meeting at the Four Seas Restaurant because they have a
conflict.  However, Songbird (http://www.songbird.com/) has kindly
offer the use of their office in SOMA for the meeting.  (Address below)

2)Change in food & cost
We will be ordering pizza & soda for this meeting. The cost will be
$10, meat and veggie-friendly options will be available and we promise
it won't be Pizza Hut or Domino's.

3)RSVPs REQUIRED
Due to the fact that Songbird can host about 75 attendees (we may well
get a full house) _AND_ that BALUG volunteers are personally paying for
pizza upfront, we are *requiring* an RSVP for this event.  So, if you'd
like to join us *please* RSVP now (or at least as soon as you can!) to:

   rsvp at balug.org

Meeting Details...

   6:30 P.M. September 16th, 2008

   Songbird's Corporate Office
   585 Howard St. (near 2nd St.)
   San Francisco, CA 94105-3032
   Map w/ Parking Garages: http://tinyurl.com/5zbwuu

   Cost: The meetings are always free, but pizza & soda is $10

Links to Ian Murdock's full bios:

Personal:
http://ianmurdock.com/about/

Corporate:
http://www.sun.com/aboutsun/media/ceo/bio.jsp?name=Ian%20Murdock

More information, additional maps, other upcoming meetings, etc.:
http://www.balug.org/

publicity-feedback at balug.org