Debian booth at LinuxWorld!(?)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 4 19:26:34 PDT 2008

I see that Debian *does* have a booth at LinuxWorld (.org 20)
I was on the exposition floor today and noticed it, and it is
in the 2008 Show Guide.

Is it being organized/coordinated by person(s) somewhere?

I don't recall having seen anything about it on
debian-events-na at lists.debian.org
or
bad at bad.debian.net

Have volunteers been rounded up for it? :-)

I didn't easily find anything on
http://wiki.debian.org/
for the current LinuxWorld, but I found pages that had been used for
LinuxWorld in the past:
http://wiki.debian.org/LWCESFVolunteers
http://wiki.debian.org/LWCE2004

To the extent that it might be useful,
Bay Area Linux Users Group (BALUG) http://www.balug.org/
is in .org 14 immediately opposite .org 20
... might be possible to have a bit of shared
resources/coverage (.org 14 is actually getting used as
a shared [L]UG booth, including at least some
representation also from:
San Francisco Linux Users' Group (SF-LUG) http://www.sf-lug.org/
Bay Area Linux Users Group (BALUG) http://www.balug.org/
Bay Area Debian (BAD) http://bad.debian.net/
among other Bay Area [L]UGs
)

Also, if one hasn't already registered, "exhibits only"
registration can still be done on-line or on-site for free
with suitable priority code (e.g. VPL712, from GroundWorks OpenSource)

references/excerpts:
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/
http://listserver.dreamhost.com/pipermail/balug-talk-balug.org/2008-July/004241.html