Resend X 2: Hosting meal at Henry's Hunan Restaurant?

Alan DuBoff aland at softorchestra.com
Tue Jul 31 22:40:14 PDT 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Michael Paoli wrote:

> Sorry I didn't get back to you a bit sooner.
>
> Yes, ... sounds like a pretty reasonable plan.
>
> My estimate/guestimate of BADies at Henry's (and with circumstances
> similar to last time with LinuxWorld Expo) of 25, however, isn't
> with dinner being provided for free.
>
> Free dinner may increase the turnout - perhaps fairly significantly.
> Also, ... wouldn't be particularly "fair" to have monitoring SIG and/or
> BayLISA invite (more-or-less) "all comers" for free right next to BAD
> and not cover BAD for free (or close to it, at least).

Michael,

I haven't paid too much attention to this, but will most likely be at
LinuxWorld. I was wondering if it would be ok if I forward the
information to the Nexenta folks?

I actually do not know who is behind Nexenta, and it caused quite an
uproar within the Debian community, not to mention the company I work
for stood there with their d!@$ in their ear over the licensing issue,
rather than working it out with Debian...but that's water under the
bridge that is probably best left there...

Let me know if it would be ok to pass along the info to Nexenta,
whoever ported apt (or who is the brains behind it) evidentally lives
in SF. If you're on this list, that was impressive to get the Nexenta
distribution together, my hat is off to you.

Also, if you or anyone else feel uncomfortable about inviting them,
feel free to speak up on that count as well, you won't hurt my
feeling, my skin is pretty thick, and I hear Giraffe's have pretty
thick skin also...<LOL!>

(I just snip'd a LOT of baggage outta that message;-)

--

Alan DuBoff - Software Orchestration