[conspire] New non-profit, community colo in San Francisco

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Wed Feb 14 16:55:57 PST 2007

On 2/14/07, Ian <ian at linefeed.org> wrote:

> We are writing because we think that sysadmins across the Bay Area would be
> interested in a new non-commercial, community network with a colocation
> facility in downtown San Francisco.
>
> If you operate a server for an open source project, a non-profit
> organization or non-commercial personal use, you qualify to host your server
> at the San Francisco Community Colocation Project's colo at
> 6th & Brannan in downtown San Francisco.

Hi Ian.

Here's a question:  if I do a personal noncommercial colo with
sfccp.net, am I (a) helping the cause by helping achieve critical mass
and fund the space or (b) taking up low-cost space a proper charitable
cause could be using?  Are you going to house in a place with room for
expansion or a fixed size.

Tony