BayLISA Monitoring SIG, Weds April 11 7PM

Chris Barton Anderson cba at groundworkopensource.com
Thu Apr 5 14:45:41 PDT 2007

(Hi: You're invited to the BayLISA Monitoring SIG, Weds April 11,
7PM. See the meeting announcement pasted below: invite your friends!)

April '07 BayLISA Monitoring SIG: SIGnificant Monitoring Tools

Everybody gets to chime in this month as part of our effort to
document and disseminate best monitoring practices.  At an earlier
SIG meeting we classified monitoring functionality into four broad
categories: Generation, Collection, Analysis, and Presentation.
We'll flesh this out by 1) defining the specific monitoring
capability that goes in each category and 2) fitting available
monitoring tools into these categories.  Newbies: bring your
thorniest (or most basic) monitoring questions and issues.  Not-So-
Newbies: come prepared to share your experiences re. successful
deployment, knowledge of specific tools and techniques, etc.

What: BayLISA Monitoring SIG VI: SIGnificant Monitoring Tools
Who: Anyone interested in IT monitoring issues and tools (newbies
particularly welcome!)
When: Wednesday, April 11 2007, 7PM
Where: GroundWork Open Source, 139 Townsend St., San Francisco
How: 139 Townsend St. is very near AT&T Park. It is two blocks from
the CalTrain Depot. Take the new MUNI T trolley to 2nd and King
(ballpark stop) or take the 30 or 45 bus (among others) crosstown.
Free evening street parking can probably be found because the Giants
are out of town that evening.
Cost: Free!!

A potpourri of oven fresh vegetarian and non-vegetarian pizzas,
carbonated and non-carbonated drinks, and high and low calorie snacks
will be provided by GroundWork. We'll open up the doors at 6:30 or so
and start the formal part of the meeting promptly at 7PM.

RSVP (not necessary, but helpful): Peter Mui,
pmui at groundworkopensource.com, 415 992 4573