Debian & LinuxWorld? - How's it coming along? Help? Wiki?

Don Armstrong don at donarmstrong.com
Wed May 24 20:37:56 PDT 2006

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Hereon wrote:
> What's the latest news?

Still slogging through LWCE beuracracy

> Is someone going to set up a wiki or something to help
> coordinate/organize the Debian presence there?

It'll probably be on wiki.debconf.org once things get closer; I
haven't started anything since there's nothing to report yet.

> Does anyone (Hans? Don?) need or would like some help?

I think we'll need help soon, but I don't want to start asking for too
much help until I know exactly what is going on there, and what we
need. [But start thinking of things to show off Debian in the booth is
a good idea, assuming we actually get Debian there. I'm going to try
to get some sponsors for pressed DVDs to boot i386/ppc/amd64
sarge/testing if I get the chance.[1]]

> I don't see anything about linuxworld listed here:
> http://www.us.debian.org/events/ Perhaps something should get posted
> there?

It won't get posted until we actually have a booth and have an idea of
what is going on, which hopefully will be soon.

Don Armstrong

1: If you know of someone who wants to sponsor this, let me know. I
figure $5K for 5K DVDs in paper wrappers with maybe 5 sponsors each
with a logo for ~ $1K.
--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"