free computers and other hardware, SOMA S.F. pickup, offer expires ~next week

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 12 20:28:01 PDT 2006

Another group where I work has some computers and other hardware to
get rid of - free to a good home.  They want to get rid of it
rather/quite soon (I don't have precise "deadline" yet, but it's
definitely this month, and probably sometime next week - I'll update
if I get more definitive word on cut-off date).

Pickup location is in the South Of Market Area (SOMA) in San
Francisco, and would almost certainly be limited to "business hours"
(I don't know if there would or could be exceptions, as it's another
group that's handling these items).

I likely can't provide more details on these items - they're probably
generally working and complete, except as noted, but would be without
operating system (may or may not include proof of license
certificate), and some or many of them may not include hard drives
(may depend if the group ends up with sufficient time to sufficiently
wipe the hard drive data).

A bit below, I provide the list I got of the items.
If you're interested:
o send an e-mail to my *work* e-mail address, which you can get from
  cnbyvzvp at jryyfsnetb.pbz
  and applying rot13(6), or
  tr '[A-Za-z]' '[N-ZA-Mn-za-m]'
  e.g.:
  $ echo cnbyvzvp at jryyfsnetb.pbz | tr '[A-Za-z]' '[N-ZA-Mn-za-m]'
o include "free computers and other hardware" in the subject line
o include your contact information and what you are or may be
  interested in, and perhaps a brief sentence or two of what you
  intend to do with the stuff (in case the other group has lots
  of request and has to pick and/or allocate among them)
and I'll then pass the e-mail along to my contact in that group.

"
The items below will be recycled unless they find a good home in the
next week (7/17).
"
Qty   Description
  8   Dell GX1
  1   Alpha D510
  1   Compaq Deskpro EN
  3   Ultra 10
  3   Ultra 10 (parts)
  3   Unbranded PCs
  9   Keyboards
 11   17-21" monitors
  1   HP Fax
  1   GX110
  2   Cybex 4 port KVM
  1   2450 chassis/motherboard (non-working?)
  1   280R (non-working?)
  1   Alpha DS510
  1   Misc PC
  1   IBM Netfinity 5500