ANNOUNCE: BAD meeting WED 11 NOVEMBER 7PM at Heinhold's First And Last Chance Bar, Jack London Square, Oakland

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Tue Nov 8 16:00:17 PST 2005

[oops: fixed subject line, resent]

Hey, folks, didn't see any announce for tomorrow, so sorry
for the lat notice, but here goes...

Who: Bay Area Debian (BAD) folks and those that want to
attend our meeting.

When: Wed 9 November at 7pm

Where:

The meeting will be at the historic Heinhold's First and Last
Chance bar at Jack London Square tomorrow 11/9 at 7pm.

  First and Last Chance
  56 Jack London Square
  Oakland, CA 94607

  Nearest subway:
  Lake Merritt Station at 800 Madison Street (0.47 miles away)

  Phone: 510-839-6761

  Open till midnight

  http://tinyurl.com/8myrf

Its entrance faces San Francisco, so it's easiest to find
approaching from the West.  It has an orange neon sign.

Food menu is likely sparse, but it's a really cool location.

Those wishing to eat will likely adjourn to one of the many
nearby restaurants after an hour or so, so don't be late, or
call my cell at 415-314-0913 for an update if you are.
We are going to Siam Kitchen, in San Francisco, for the
October 12, 2005 BAD meeting, meeting will start at 7:00
P.M.

BY AMTRAK:

It's right across the parking lot from AMTRAK Station OKJ.

BY BART:

It's about five blocks (South to the waterline, then West) from
Lake Merritt BART and about 10 blocks (South to the
waterline, then East) from 12th St BART.

BY BIKE OR CAR:

In Oakland, take Webster South (but take leftmost lane and
bypass Webster Tube entrance!) to end.

or...

Take Broadway South (toward bay) to end, then left/East to Webster.

or...

Take Franklin or Oak St South (toward bay) to end,
then right/West to Webster.

I-880 exits are available to Broadway or Franklin or Oak St
from various directions.

Best Regards,

Tony