Release update: make that a freeze party on May 11!

Ken Bloom kabloom@ucdavis.edu
Tue, 03 May 2005 17:35:18 -0700

--------------enig39F147D6EF7E0A783D0A4EAD

Erich Schubert wrote:
> Hi,
> for those who do not read the debian-devel-announce lists:
>

>>Wait, that didn't come out quite right.  Let's try again.
>>
>>  Sarge is now frozen!   Wheeeeeee!!!
>

> The planned release date now is May 30. So our BAD meeting next week is
> in fact a bit early for a release party, but we can call it a
> *FREEZE PARTY*. It will also be probably the last BAD meeting I will be
> able to attend, so I invite everybody for keysigning again.
>
> This means that the release status is as good as it hasn't been since
> woody was released. Yay! There is a bug squashing party this weekend,
> coordinated via IRC. Maybe a couple of people want to join?
> A worthy target for coordinated bug work is xchat, btw. I guess some
> people on this list will use it, and can thus try reproducing bugs.

I can no longer find it in my IRC logs, but I do recall seeing a couple
of developers talking on #debian-devel (around the time of the base
freeze) saying something along the lines of:

"last month was actually a blue moon, hence the base freeze"

"so we can expect a release when Sarge freezes over"

Too bad it's gone now. Who said it?

--Ken Bloom