Userlinux support in the Bay Area

Erich Schubert erich@debian.org
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:07:36 +0200

Hi,
Well... UserLinux has not the best reputation. I actually know nobody
who is using it, and I havn't heard anything that makes it better.

The most viable Debian-based Distributions are probably Debian sarge
itself and Ubuntu. The latter is mostly good for Desktop IMHO, but hoary
also has a server install mode.

I'd also like to point you the following blog entry, which may or may
not be unfair towards userLinux:
http://www.advogato.org/person/mjg59/diary.html?start=63

My understanding of UserLinux was somewhat that they'll try to take a
snapshot (i.e sarge) from Debian and offer certifications for that.
That sounds interesting for businesses - but not for me.

regards,
Erich Schubert
--
      erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C     (o_
     There was never a good war or a bad peace. - Benjamin Franklin    //\