REMINDER + nearby crazy art event: There will be a BAD meeting at the Pacific Coast Brewing Company on Wednesday, July 13, at 7:30 PM

Tony Godshall Tony Godshall <togo@of.net>
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:24:05 -0700

Original announce follows.

For those of you into art or fire, you might come to Oakland
a little early and stop by the nearby "The Crucible" for their
free "Burning Mans Desert Arts Preview", which starts at 7.

IIRC, it's two blocks East of W. Oakland BART on the North
side of 7th, which is a short bike ride or a long walk (10
blocks?) from PCBC.

I met one guy who was making a head with an exposed brain
out of a motorcycle engine block that would react to people
by using an ultrasound proximity sensor.

Here's the blurb from the calendar at thecrucible.org...

  "7 - 11pm
    The Crucible Hosts: Burning Mans Desert Arts Preview:
    Free Admission
    See and hear what some of this year's Burning Man honorarium
    artists are creating for Black Rock City! You'll also hear
    members of Burning Man's Art Department give an overview and
    highlight of Burning Man's theme and grant process."

I'll probably swing by there on my bike first and do a
quick run-through of the exchibits if it's not too crazy
before heading over to PCBC and setting up my swirl at a
table.

According to Tony Godshall,

--

Best Regards,