[bad] LWCE/SF 2005 Debian booth organization

Joshua Kwan joshk@triplehelix.org
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:59:55 -0700

--------------enig9DD009D40F71ED35656F116A

Daniel Asarnow wrote:
> Hokay...
> My box (Athlon XP 1700+, GeForce 5600FX, CDRW, etc.) is about ready
> for a reinstallation anyway, so we can do _whatever_ we want with it.
>
> I also have two Commodore Amigas and a Mac Quadra 950...probably these
> would be useless unless we really want to show off architecture
> diversity.  The Amigas may not work, I have no RGB monitor and no
> Amiga to VGA adapter so I haven't been able to test it.

Sure, that sounds great if you can bring it. I have a laptop that's just
about dead (LCD dead, keyboard dead), but pretty damn fast (P4 2.0GHz)
that can be used with an external monitor and keyboard and is much
easier to carry around than a tower.

It might be nice to have a Mac, though. Just not that Bondi Blue iMac
that Hans brought, because it did suck a lot. I'm sure the Quadra 950 is
impressively slow!

Speaking of which, we also need LCDs for all these machines (CRTs will
*not* cut it due to their extreme nonportability!)

--
Joshua Kwan