[wouter@grep.be: Re: m68k]

Ryan Lovett ryan@ocf.berkeley.edu
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:24:38 -0800

Hello all,
 I've got an old Macintosh IIci with NIC that dual boots MacOS something
and Debian. Would anyone like to have it? I've also got a few boxes of old
Mac accessories if you need them.
 I'm in shouting distance of El Cerrito del Norte BART station.

Ryan

(If you reply, please Cc me as I'm not on the list.)

----- Forwarded message from Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> -----

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 01:14:09PM -0800, Ryan Lovett wrote:
> Re: http://www.livejournal.com/users/wouterverhelst/53270.html
>=20
> I've a dual boot IIci running MacOS and Debian that I haven't been able to
> actually give away. If you know of anyone in the San Francisco / Bay Area
> of northern California who would want to pick up all 16M of its cpu cycles
> to crunch Debian stuff, I'd be happy to give it away along with some
> useful accessories.

Thanks for the offer.

I should note that I'm not quite sure it'll be useful. My IIci doesn't
seem to have a NIC, which is quite important for us Debian people to
work with.  If yours does, that'll surely help -- otherwise, well. We
can of course always see whether someone is interested.

I know of no m68k porter who lives in the San Francisco Bay area, but
there are quite a number of Debian Developers who live there; any one of
them might be able to make some good use of this machine. They have set
up a mailinglist for themselves; you can reach them at
<bad@bad.debian.net>.

Regards, and thanks again,

--=20
         EARTH