broken in upgrades: fvwm & tetex-bin

Don Armstrong don@donarmstrong.com
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 18:33:13 -0800

--C1iGAkRnbeBonpVg

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005, Michael Paoli wrote:
> Thanks for the information/suggestions :-)

No problem.
=20
> I did find an effective work-around for the problem I was hitting
> with fvwm - *downgrading* xlibs version 4.1.0-16woody5 back to
> version 4.1.0-16woody4 makes that particular problem effectively "go
> away" at least for now.  For the time being I set the package status
> for xlibs to "hold" so I don't inadvertantly bump it back to
> 4.1.0-16woody5 via apt-get.  (I also downgraded xlibs-dev, but that
> was just to keep the dependancies happy).

This is troubling, because it suggests that someone broke ABI or API
compatibility between -16woody4 and -16woody5, or something else got
broken in -16woody5. If you can collect some more information,
(coredumps, strace output, etc.) please file a bug against xlibs to
bring it to the attention of people more familiar with this
package. [I bugged Branden on IRC, and he suggests that it's something
besides an ABI or API issue... so more information will be useful to
fix this issue.]

Don Armstrong

--=20
Guns Don't Kill People.