tracking a specific deb

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:12:56 -0700

There's also the approach of including non-free in sources.list, but also
do install vrms (the Virtual Richard M. Stallman).  That may not make it as
easy to avoid accidentally/unintentionally installing anything from
non-free, but it does provide periodic reminders about what from
non-free has been installed, and may also suggest alternatives.

One could also point non-free to one's own repository (files, web or
FTP server), and do some very selective mirroring (such as just the
file(s) one wishes to track, and perhaps massaging the data in some
files to only indicate as available, the package(s) one wishes to
track).