tracking a specific deb

Claude Rubinson rubinson@u.arizona.edu
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:02:00 -0700

I was wondering if there was any way to have apt track a specific deb,
rather than an entire repository?  Specifically: I'd prefer to not
include the non-free repository in my sources.list.  (I've found that
the best way to avoid non-free software is for it to be unavailable.
Out of sight, out of mind and all that.)  However, the modem in my
Thinkpad requires a non-free userspace driver that I've just
discovered is available in the non-free repository.

I've been tracking this driver manually but it would be mighty
convenient if I could turn the task over to apt.  Is this possible?
One possible solution might be to set up a cron task that downloads
new versions of the driver to my local repository but I was wondering
if there's a more direct solution.

Claude