easy admin mail server recommendation requested

Alvin Oga aoga@mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:30:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Erich Schubert wrote:

> - for most things you need the webinterface
> - you cannot customize text templates except by defining new languages
> - list creation requires special "master" password

the above will eliminate it for me to use something else

> - it sends out passwords in clear text, but doesn't tell the user that
>   he really wants a low security password (I wouldn't be surprised if
>   you can login into a couple users mailboxes if you get hold of the
>   subscriber and password list!)

..

> - I never got it working with vhosts perfectly, just "somehow" with
>   lots of rewriting in postfix

the above 2 killers that eliminates it without reservation

> Almost all of this was satisfied by ezmlm, too bad it only works with
> qmail...

mailing list manager should be independent of the mta

c ya
alvin