Userlinux support in the Bay Area

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:25:04 -0700

begin  Rick Moen quotation of Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 11:07:08PM -0700:

> > Here's my "How to Pick a Distribution" which is a
> > little out of date:
> >
> > http://interactive.linuxjournal.com/node/4619
>
> I'd say the piece is timeless and still valuable, other than the dated
> "Resources" sub-page.

Wow, timeless.  The main things on there that would be
different today are the part about automatic upgrades
(everybody has them now), the item I added in the
comments about sub-distributions, which today would
include SpikeSource Core Stack, for example, and the
thing about kickstart floppies -- today you'd almost
always burn a custom install CD instead.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/