Shotgun rules, etc. [Re: Dec. meeting? [Alameda County Linux Journal December Meetup in two weeks!]]

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:25:10 -0800

Quoting Michael Paoli (mp@rawbw.com):

> I think stuff on meetup.com might also have been set up as a
> recurring event - so perhaps the meetup.com stuff is generating
> periodic e-mails without event having been (or yet been) reconfirmed.

Prior references to pages/listings on meetup.com were -=solely=- because
there happened to then be a _Linux Journal_ "meetup" scheduled for the
exact same time and place -- except that LJ meetups get auto-cancelled
if not enough people RSVP.  Ergo, I suggested that, if people intended
to come to that meeting to attend BAD, it would be neighbourly if they
would also RSVP on the meetup.com site for the LJ meetup.

I regret (in, well, at least a ritual sense) any lack of clarity.  (Er,
well, to be honest I'm a bit astounded that the context wasn't clear to
some, but I guess there we have it.)