Shotgun rules, etc. [Re: Dec. meeting? [Alameda County Linux Journal December Meetup in two weeks!]]

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:21:32 -0800

BAD has quite well defined "SHOTGUN RULES":
http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt

Since no meeting has yet been called for this December that complies with
or comes reasonably close to meeting the "SHOTGUN RULES" I'd presume the
meeting is still open to being called, per the "SHOTGUN RULES".

It has been suggested:
http://bad.debian.net/list/2004-November/002607.html
to (perhaps) *also* use meetup.com ... but nothing in the
"SHOTGUN RULES" suggests or requires it, ... so item
being on meetup.com doesn't mean it's necessarily a BAD event (or
a BAD meeting that's been called).

The way meetup.com. lists/presents some of the stuff can
be confusing, as others have noted:
http://bad.debian.net/list/2004-November/002612.html

I think stuff on meetup.com might also have been set up as a
recurring event - so perhaps the meetup.com stuff is generating
periodic e-mails without event having been (or yet been) reconfirmed.

When in doubt
A) Rules: http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt
B) Archives: http://bad.debian.net/list/

In general, the more folks follow and adhere to the "SHOTGUN RULES",
the less confusion and ambiguity.