Moving to Berkeley, Hints?

Ian Zimmerman itz@buug.org
24 Nov 2004 20:24:20 -0800

Tony> I live in Alameda, which is 7.5 mi from my office in Berkeley.  In
Tony> Alameda, a 2 BR apt may be had for $1150.  I usually take the bus
Tony> to Berkeley (it's impolitic to arrive sweaty) and bike home (yes
Tony> the buses have bike racks).  It's also handy to San Francisco.
Tony> Slow city bus to Berkeley is 40min, express bus to San Francisco
Tony> is only 20min!  Email me privately if you want my apt mgr's phone
Tony> number.

I know something about buses in the area, and 40 min from Alameda to
Berkeley seems unrealistic.  Is your office on the US campus?  Which
line, 51?

The transbay express is nice - now that traffic dropped after the Crash of
2000.  Before that it was torture.

But you definitely have a great deal as far as the rent goes ...

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)