SF nonprofits using Debian?

sms@sonic.net sms@sonic.net
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:09:50 -0800 (PST)

> Anyone aware of non-profits in SF using Debian in server or desktop
> roles, and approximate sizes of deployments?

Thought I'd take a poke at this; I recalled from ~5ish years ago,
reading about a Linux-centric ISP oriented to providing cheap
services to non-profit organizations.  Couldn't recall any more
details.  So, like any other net.sheep^H^H^H^H^HGhod^H^H^H^Huser,
I turned to Google, hoping to (a) remind myself of the details
and/or (b) find other relevant info.  No luck on (a)... that place
may still exist, but I didn't notice it by skimming a few dozen
Google-hits.

Google said:
   Searched the web for   Linux   non-profit   SF OR Francisco
   Results 1 - 10 of about 13,600.

<sigh>

At least one of those first 1-10 appears to be mostly / sorta /
more-or-less relevant.  YMMV...
   http://mobile.newsforge.com/mobility/04/03/02/0023236.shtml
With links to:
   http://www.barwn.org/