ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD meeting 2004-06-09 (keysigning and protocols)

Vineet Kumar vineet@doorstop.net
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:31:45 -0700

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

132cace45006ab227b6730b57fe74712  bad-keysigning.html.gz

This is the md5sum for the final list of keysigning participants.  This
is the file I'll be printing out and bringing to the meeting.  Before
anybody makes any signatures, each participant should grab a copy of
that file from the web[1] and verify the md5sum and that each
fingerprint matches exactly between the hard copy used at the meeting
and the copy whose md5sum you independently verify.

You can do this either before the meeting (print out your own and use it
at the meeting) or after the meeting (take one of my copies at the
meeting).  In either case, you should verify the md5sum of your working
copy before making any signatures.

Also, don't forget to bring your fingerprint to the meeting!  If you
verify that your fingerprint is correct on my list and print out your
own copy and bring it, you can kill two birds with one stone.  If
everyone on the list does this before the meeting, then the keysigning
part at the meeting will be as quick and simple as each of us saying
"yes, my fingerprint is correct on the list", and each of us will trust
our own printout, since nobody should trust my printouts without
independently verifying them somehow.

Anyway, that was sufficiently long-winded!  See you there in a few
hours.

[1] http://www.doorstop.net/bad-keysigning.html.gz

Make sure your browser doesn't automatically decompress that for you and
then wonder why the md5sum doesn't match.  For reference, here's the
uncompressed file's md5sum:

e4dae77a0361cb0d1cf80cc1fa704c04  bad-keysigning.html

good times,
Vineet
--=20
http://www.doorstop.net/
--=20
"Computer Science is no more about computers
than astronomy is about telescopes."  -- E.W. Dijkstra

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz--