ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD meeting 2004-06-09 (Oscar's: hours, Wi-Fi, AC, CDs, ...)

Wed, 9 Jun 2004 06:13:31 -0700

A few random items:
If I recall correctly, Oscar's closes around 9:00 P.M., but Berkeley
Espresso (across the street) is open a fair bit later (at least 10:00
P.M.) for folks that might want to continue the meeting later.

Wi-Fi - Oscar's is in semi-reasonable range of free open Wi-Fi access
(Berkeley Espresso across the street, if I'm not mistaken) - at least
some folks have gotten fairly usable signal from there before.

Oscar's has AC power (a bit limited, but reasonable with a few extension
cords / power strips, etc.).

Similar to before, I'll bring CDs, available at near cost
(CD-RW media (and my writing on disk surface is with water soluble ink,
so that's easy to change/remove (and smudge) too) in jewel or slim-jewel
case at $2.00 USD each)
I'll be bringing these CD images:
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r2 "Woody" - Official i386 Binary-1 CD
(just the first i386 CD - enough to do more than a basic typical
install, anyway)
and also:
KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN