Prior query: HP a350n

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:52:39 -0800

Quoting sms@sonic.net (sms@sonic.net):

> Many thanks for your reply!  Interestingly, someone found one of my
> queries via Google, & is also looking to Linusize an a350n; I'll be
> passing on to him any progress I make myself.
>
> Based on your responses, I dug a bit further.  I _think_ I've hit a
> serious vein of paydirt:
>    http://oregonstate.edu/~kveton/debian/
> It seems to me that kveton's site addresses many of the issues you had
> found (most particularly with the S-ATA disk & e100 net), included below
> for reference (or is it mere "noise" at this point?  If so, apologies!).
>
> Also relevant:
>    http://www.e-aiyama.com/~toshi/Computer/Linux/SATA.html
>    http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

Er, yeah.  And guess who wrote the latter of those two (linking it to
the former)?  ;->

Scott Kveton's netinst installer (and do-it-yourself netinst
instructions) are in fact also among my chief recommendations for people
with problem hardware wishing to install Debian.  Please see:
"Installers" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Debian .

> One question... how much of a pain is that "poxy winmodem" likely to be?

Well, if you let it achieve its best and highest purpose as a
disregarded piece of junk, none whatsoever.  More at:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#winmodem

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.