[bad] Re: [bad] Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD mtg WedJan14

Tony Godshall togo@of.net
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:32:15 -0800

According to Mike Markley,
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 04:48:16AM -0800, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
> > And obviously, the one that was called a long time ago was way too long
> > ago for me to remember.  Might've been nice to have had on the website
> > sooner, of course.
> >
> > Then again, I'm the guy who, the same night a LUGOD meeting takes place,
> > goes home and updates the website to show the /next/ meeting. ;^)
>
> Note that the December meeting hadn't even happened when this one was
> called. I, of course, put off the mention on the page until after
> December's meeting -- and promptly forgot. There's probably some
> chestnut about the dangers of procrastination in there. :)
>
> (IOW: If you've announced a meeting and you don't see it on the page
> within a reasonable time, please feel free to ping me.)

I vote we (a) call the meeting as far ahead as we wish so
those who want the planning time and (b) send out a reminder
a week or so ahead.

Last time I called a meeting (two months ahead, I think), I
put an alarm in my pda to remind me to remind everyone.
That worked out pretty well.  Preempted Hereon, anyway ;-)