[bad] Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: BAD mtg WedJan14

Mike Markley mike@markley.org
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:54:55 -0800

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 01:28:42AM -0800, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
> So, uh, which is it?  Colma or Triple Rock?  Or both?

According to the Shotgun Rules, neither.

People will forget meetings called months in advance. This is why the
last line in rule 3 of the shotgun rules is there. Colma was called for
January before the December meeting even happened, and as a result,
I had completely forgotten about it by the time the December meeting
had passed. Hence, it was not mentioned on the page.

Also, two days' notice is not sufficient time for most people to do
anything, and it sure as hell isn't reasonable to expect that I'll get
it up on the webpage in time for people to actually see it.

Both have their problems. I'm not trying to be some kind of pedantic
asshole, but the fact is that we've got a loosely organized group of
people here and that nothing is ever going to happen unless a basic
attempt at doing things in something RESEMBLING a structured fashion
is made. Don't expect any of us to get our shit together if reasonable
rules are not followed :).

Now, if anyone wants to pretend I have some sort of final word or
anything, I say Colma wins by virtue of being first.

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084