Install assistance needed in Berkeley area

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:45:55 -0800

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

on Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 09:31:38PM +0000, Dale Amon (amon@vnl.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 10:55:01AM -0800, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> > 	You ought to consider using something else, like a bayesian
> > filter.  I get 25 megabytes of spam a day, and I only ever have to
> > read one or two a month.
>=20
> Good idea in principle, but I run a heavily source modified mail
> system I wrote some years back when I ran an ISP and the most recent
> time I tried to add the bayesian code it fell right over. Since I have
> other people dependant on it for business and I haven't the time to go
> re-write the C code to update it, I had to do 'something that works'.

Nominated for "Poster boy of take-and-don't-give-back trap".

Welcome to your maintenance nightmare.

Peace.

--=20
   Spread the real scoop on Xenu and The Church of Scientology, link

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--