Announcement- BAD meeting 031112 This next Wed 6-9+PM, SBAY, Real & 1st Virtual

Hereon hereon1@fastmail.us
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 23:33:23 -0800

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:57:46 -0800, "Rick Moen" <rick@linuxmafia.com>
said:
> Quoting Akkana Peck (akkana@shallowsky.com):
>
> > There's free wifi at Santana Row?  Where?  Or is this a "pay t-mobile"
> > thing?  (Ew.)
>
> It's free of charge, and works well.  The access points are in the plaza
> in the middle of the street, where the outdoor tables are -- which area
> isn't even crowded.  Too bad we're into the season of unreliable weather.

Is the free access just near the outdoor tables?  Or, is there be free
access in, say, the restaurants?  Did you try any other connections, like
ssh or IRC?

I wasn't able to get any access other than the mall site & tmobile
website, in my car, parked 40 feet down from the main street/mall.  (Lots
of strong tmobile AP signals, though.)

                          love email again