Will Debian have a booth at linuxworldexpo? A BoF?

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:01:31 -0700

begin  Rick Moen Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> When a big mass of that cool air, moving inland, reaches the Central
> Valley and settles in, the hot air starts rising and the Central
> Valley enjoys a several-day respite from the preceding heat wave.
> For the next several days, with no air being drawn up the Delta, San
> Francisco gets a few days of no wind, and consequently what for San
> Francisco is hot summer weather (25-30 degrees C).  At that point,
> hot air starts rising in the Central Valley, again, and the cycle
> repeats.

	The interesting thing is that most still days in San Francisco
can be attributed to equilibrium between the Bay and the Central
Valley.  Thus, we do actually get a couple weeks of sun and humidity
in May and October, when the valley doesn't heat up quickly enough to
make a difference.

	http://sfgate.com/weather is what I use lately to figure out
the microclimate differences.  It's got a nice 3-D fog forecast in an
animated GIF (LZW patent expired!), and it's about as good as anything
else.  Just avoid the overall "sunny"/"partly cloudy" sort of
descriptors altogether: they just don't apply to San Francisco very
well.

--

end