Will Debian have a booth at linuxworldexpo? A BoF?

Hereon hereon2003@yahoo.com
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 04:19:12 -0700 (PDT)

I don't see them listed at:

http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/linuxworldny03/V40/exhibitor_list/exnamelist.cvn?id=2&sort_letter=d

although others such as FSF, Gnome, Gentoo, KDE, X.org are listed.
Does Debian have a booth reserved yet?

If no, who is the Debian person who is the liason with linuxworldexpo
people?  Is there anyone?

Also, if there is no Debian BoF scheduled yet, perhaps someone should
call shotgun for a Debian BOF.  (I don't see any bofs listed at the LWE
site yet.) (Supposed to be tues & wed eves.)

(I emailed to svlug list asking if anyone wanted to move the Aug svlug
meeting (1st wednesday) to LWE, but got no responses.)

I'm wondering if it might be a fun idea to have a Debian  BOF at
someplace like at the top of one of the Twin Peaks in SF.  I'm told it
might be just a simple public transportation ride up Market street to
get to twin peaks.  (Or perhaps people could get a car pool.)   Can
soneone who knows SF public transit provide an accurate indication of
how hard it would be to get to the top of twin  peaks from LWE?

The advantage is it could be a fun place to have a meeting - nice
scenery, so I'm told.  And summer is the best time of year to hope for
good weather outside for a meeting in SF.  Sorta like a picnic
environment for the Debian BOF.

The disadvantages would be transit time, which might add 30-60 min each
way to get to and from the meeting.  Also, no chairs, no meeting "room"
(and hence perhaps colder and noiser.)

But who knows?  It could turn out to be a warm San Francisco night.  :)