Debian Enterprise (not a Starfleet metaphor)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:33:39 -0800

Quoting Jim Pick (jim@jimpick.com):

> Setting up a company to do a Red Hat style "enterprise" distribution
> based on Debian?  Several companies have tried.  There's probably a
> niche, but there's a lot of companies vying for it.  And those companies
> all have to cover the salaries of their employees.

Libra Computer Systems, Ltd. is doing a bang-up job at it (with Libranet),
and part of their secret is that it's just two guys, so far.

It's part of my standard answer to the "Debian's installer sucks!"
question.  See link "Installers" in http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Debian .

--
Cheers,                       Ah, September, when the sysadmins turn colors
Rick Moen                     and fall off the trees....