Anyone want an old but good subnote? (at tonight's meeting)

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:59:36 -0800

begin  Tony Godshall  quotation:
> It's a HP Omnibook 800.  800x600, 10" screen.  Little
> pop-out mouse on the right.  Runs X ok with Blackbox (thanks
> Sean!) but is a dog under Gnome or KDE (not much memory).

	My first debian box was actually one of those.  I saw that Jim
Dennis had one, and coveted its nice keyboard and cool non-volatile
memory system.

	They're great boxes for a console-only system.  I used to use
my ricochet on that thing, and read mail and news cached on its drive.
Keen gear.

	What a great line those 800s were.

	-- Lewis Mumford

end