DEBIAN IS 10 + BAD MEETING 8/13/2003

Tony Godshall togo@of.net
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:12:08 -0700

Connecting one thread ...

>         I'm calling the next BAD meeting for Weds Aug 13
> back at Tripple Rock[4] in Berkeley. We had a meeting here
> recently, and it seemed to go quite well. Beer, food,
> all ages, close to BART. I'll be there from 7pm
> with a BAD and/or Debian sign.[1]

> > Plus -- it will be after Linuxworld, and a good
> > time to take stock (especially for those of us
> > who are slow to find out what's up (:-))

...and another...

> As some of you may have seen, Debian will be turning 10
> years old on Saturday, August 16. Since I consider this
> a "big deal", I'd like to solicit opinions on where we
> might hold a celebration. ...[2]

... and their lack of reponse, it would appear that the 8/13
meeting is /it/, that is, the only BAD meeting close to Debian's
10th Anniversary planned in the Bay Area. (other
celebrations: see http://www.debconf.org/10years/)

So I propose that we designate it The 10th Anniversary
Celebration.  Or if those at the meeting want something
bigger for the 16th[3], that would be a good time to plan it.

Hopefully more folks will join in in honor of the occasion,
including folks who are friendly to Debian but not members of
BAD, such as members of regional Linux and BSD LUGs  (dammit,
where's my swirl hat)

Now that bad.debian.net is back up (thanks, uh, who? Mike?
damn we take these things for granted) perhaps we can get that
updated to show the 8/13 meeting and get the word out.

I submitted to eblug.org .

-- Tony

Notes:

[1] Call for interest:
http://bad.debian.net/list/2003-June/002065.html

[2] 8/13 meeting announcement:
http://bad.debian.net/list/2003-July/002106.html

[3] Background for us newbies (I started at buzz aka 1.1):
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/debian-announce-1998/msg00022.html

[4] www.triplerock.com/pub.html