Deb booth will exist, shared space not finalized yet. BOF scheduled.

Hereon hereon2003@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 17:25:14 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Markley <mike@markley.org> wrote:
> I don't see any note on there of what booth it is...

I'm working on arranging for a booth.  As posted (IIRC) in a previous message
of mine, all the booth spaces have been assigned, and we'll have to ask some
other org if they'll share their space with us.

Since LUGOD has just agreed to share their space with the EFF (the EFF asked
LUGOD before I did) I think, to the best of my (limited) knowledge of who
will be in the .org pavilion, the most likely candidates to ask are:
1) GNOME & KDE - We should make it a 3 way booth, with Debian in the middle
2) Gentoo - A build from source distro based on Debian.

I'm gonna try today to email those folks and ask if they are willing to share
space w/ Debian.   If that doesn't result in a place for the Deb booth before
Mon afternoon, I'll go to the expo setup mon PM & try to locate a shared
space.  If that doesn't work, I'll do the same Tues morning.

> Also, given that we're now basically down to the last minute -- what
> consensus was reached on the BoF? I can put something on the webpage.

A previous poster noted that a BOF schedule was posted at the LW site shortly
after I made my 1st post on the topic.  Bdale will be there.

***** Please sign up for one (or more, if you can) hours in the booth, if you
can:
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?Linuxworld2003expoDebianbooth   *****

Also, Mike - would you please put a mention about the booth, and the link to
the booth wiki page at the top of the BAD page?  And also a short note, just
like in the previous paragraph, urging everyone to sign up for at least one
hour - so that we can see some progress on how booth staffing is filling up?

Thanks.  :)