ANNOUNCEMENT - October 2002 B.A.D. Meeting in Walnut Creek

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:04:43 -0700

Quoting Tony Godshall (togo@of.net):

> (I was thinking Union City BART via Dumbarton Bridge
> but perhaps Fremont BART via SJ is better?)

Neither one is great.  If you bicycle from Fremont BART (Centerville
District), you have to bike about ten-twelve miles further south,
through Irvington District, Warm Springs District, and Milpitas,
to cross the bottom of the Bay, which you'd so either via a connecting
series of bicycle/pedestrian paths adjoining CA-237, or by going further
south still and using Tasman.

If you cross the Dumbarton Bridge instead, you first have to run the
East Palo Alto gauntlet (not too bad, these days), then somehow parallel
US-101 for a half-dozen or more miles to Mountain View.  There aren't
any really good bicycle routes through that stretch.  I've looked.

Some of these may help:  http://www.transitinfo.org/Bikes/bikemap.html

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                     Emacs is a decent operating system,