Trackin' stable vs. releases

Alan DuBoff Alan DuBoff <aland@SoftOrchestra.com>
Thu, 9 May 2002 23:06:30 -0700

On Thursday 09 May 2002 10:48 pm, Rick Moen wrote:
> Working hypothesis:  A lot of people haven't thought this matter
> through, very well.

Possibly so Rick, but you're convincing me to go with the toy story name even
more so now...since if I had started to track woody when it was unstable,
left it in my sources.list, it would move to testing, then to stable without
me doing anything else to it.

Where as if I go with testing or unstable, at the point woody changes to
stable, I'll be on a different branch, if I don't change it.

Ultimately, I want to be on stable. However, woody wasn't nearly as painful
as potato was to be on unstable, IMO. potato used to break all the time.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.