Shotgun Rules

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 14:08:20 -0700

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net):

> In reality, it's INTENDED to be for nontechnical philosophical musings
> and opinion.

Thus the "D" in GNU FDL.

> The idea is to avoid people editing the words of RMS to misrepresent
> him.  This has long been one of RMS's examples of "why you shouldn't
> be able to just change EVERYTHING willy-nilly".

I hadn't thought it necessary to belabour the distinction between
technical documentation and personal essays.  Consider it done.

For technical doucmentation, as you know from the debian-legal
discussion, invariant sections not only aren't clearly required, but
also create hazards of their own.

--
Cheers,   "Why is the alphabet in that order?  Is it because of that song?"
Rick Moen                                              -- Steven Wright