Shotgun Rules

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue, 7 May 2002 12:03:13 -0700

begin  Rick Moen Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> Quoting Evan Prodromou (evan@prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us):
> > Well, I barely grok what an invariant section is for.
>
> For control freaks afraid their version's authoritativeness might
> not be maintained by mere leadership.

	That's the end use of the things, sadly.

	In reality, it's INTENDED to be for nontechnical philosophical
musings and opinion.  The idea is to avoid people editing the words of
RMS to misrepresent him.  This has long been one of RMS's examples of
"why you shouldn't be able to just change EVERYTHING willy-nilly".

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION
end