hardware problems and a broken list

Mike Markley mike@markley.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:25:16 -0800

Hey guys,

My machine had some serious problems the other day, and during a hard reboot
a few files were hosed. Somehow the inode that contained bad's config.db had
a sendmail qf file written into it. I managed to restore from the tarball
Joey Hess sent me when I took over the list, but that means that we've lost
new subscribers and may have people subscribed who don't want to be.

If you unsubscribed, I apologize for this and hope you don't mind unsubbing
again.

If you know anyone who's subscribed recently, please let them know what's
going on. I won't be able to make the meeting, but perhaps someone could
mention it there.

Oh yeah, the posts that weren't approved by me before the list got blown
away are gone, so if you've tried to post and gotten a bounce or nothing,
try again.

In other news, I put the info on the meeting on the page. I got lazy,
though, so I just linked to Rick's list mail. I'll add the shotgun rules
sometime this week.

And in case you're wondering how this sort of mess can be prevented in the
future, I'm planning on raid1-ing this box this weekend, and converting it
to mostly ext3. Journalled mirrors... mmmm.

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

Humans do claim a great deal for that particular emotion (love).
- Spock, "The Lights of Zetar", stardate 5725.6