SNTP client for Debian?

Chris Lawrence cnlawren@olemiss.edu
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:27:19 -0500

On Jul 16, simonst@WellsFargo.COM wrote:
> Does anyone know of an SNTP Simple Network Time Protocol client for Debian?
>
> I'd like to sync my Debian box to a mainframe running an SNTP server, & then
> start xntpd for other boxes to "ntpdate" to.

SNTP is a subset of NTP, so if you use the SNTP server as a server for
Debian's ntp package (or xntpd from <= slink), it *should* work.

If it doesn't, I'm sure a sntp protocol client would be trivial to
implement either in C or your favorite scripting language.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5765