Windows porting

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:11:50 -0800

Quoting Robin Rowe (rower@movieeditor.com):

> That's why when the discussion shifted to why Windows ports are
> undesirable I didn't just drop it. I was curious to hear why some
> people felt strongly that way...

Please understand that I don't hold anything against you, but:  That's a
discussion I'd gladly consign to the comp.os.*.advocacy newsgroups.

I'm not saying anything about the merits of anyone's position; I'm
saying I find it inevitably a tiresome discussion -- and, from the bits
and pieces I heard, this was no exception.

_And_ pointless.  To the best of my knowledge, nobody present was asking
advice on whether or not to port anything to that or any other specific
operating system.