get-together

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:35:09 -0800

begin  Karsten M. Self  quotation:
> > 	SF has so many places to meet that I don't know where to
> > begin.
>
> Close to transit nexus (CalTrain, BART), which likely means SOMA
> somewhere along/near 4th St.   Food, reasonably inexpensive,
> reasonably spacious, reasonably cheap.  Won't mind a bunch of geeks
> hanging out for a few hours on a Wednesday evening.  Does that cut
> things down any?

	Not necessarily SOMA.  The N Judah connects with both Caltrain
and BART, and ventures down Market as far as Van Ness before popping
out in the Castro and heading to the North Sunset.  My recommendation,
therefore, would be someplace accessible from the N, and not too far
out in the Farallons (East of Divisadero would be my suggestion,
though Cole Valley/Haight is still reasonably quick thanks to the old
streetcar tunnel on Carl).

	Also, SOMA ain't cheap.  It hasn't been anywhere near cheap
since the 1980s at least.  It's a bunch of failed lofties mixed in
with a bunch of sportsball cash-cows.  There are precious few places
with inexpensive vegetarian food.

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION

	01234567 <- The amazing* indent-o-meter!