Berkeley get-together

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:53:41 -0800

begin  Ben Pfaff  quotation:
> "Robin Rowe" <rower@MovieEditor.com> writes:
> > Is there anyone interested in Debian/open source/C++ who would
> > like to get together in the Berkeley area?
>
> I'm always up for get-togethers, but as usual I have no
> transportation.  I suppose I could try to figure out how to get
> there (from Stanford) via public transportation, but from what
> I've heard that's really slow.

	Yeah, Shallow Alto isn't very centrally located.

	Your best bet is to take Caltrain up the peninsula, then hop
on an N Judah from the caltrain station over to Embarcadero BART.
Then take a richmond train to Berkeley, or take a pittsburg/bay point
train to 12th st and transfer to the richmond train.

	YOu're looking at one hour for caltrain, maybe ten to fifteen
minutes for the N, and about half an hour for BART.  But then, that's
what you get for living in the middle of nowhere.

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION

	01234567 <- The amazing* indent-o-meter!