libhttp

Ian Zimmerman itz@speakeasy.org
21 Sep 2001 13:51:08 -0700

Alan> Hi folks, I was recentely hacking together a shared library that
Alan> could be used in c/c++ applications to do http transfers,
Alan> similar to how wget works (for those that have used it).

It's a bit hard to believe that something very similar doesn't already
exist.

Alan> Debian...I am having a problem with the
Alan> autoconf/automake/libtool code since upgrading my development
Alan> system to woody, so if you have an idea what broke on that stuff
Alan> in the past couple weeks, hollar!<g> The tarball on my website
Alan> should work fine though, it's modifying new code that seems to
Alan> have broken with the latest tools.

This was in May, is it still relevant?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200105/msg01611.html

BTW, I hate automake (not autoconf) and I think it shouldn't be used.
But that's me.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
The easiest way to win an argument: ridicule your opponent's basic