In the City again

Michael S. Fischer michael@dynamine.net
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:28:49 -0700

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 09:03:43PM -0700, Mike Markley wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 05:31:06PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@home.com> spake forth:
> > Yes we are due for SF.  I have been busy not being employed, sorry for the late
> > mail.
> >
> > So, at LWE several of us were introduced to Buca de Beppo.  Think we should try
> > that again.  All ages welcome and be prepared for some amazing Italian food.
> >
> > It is near the intersection of 4th and something by the Masconi.  Easy walk
> > from BART and not too far from CalTrain.
>
> How're the prices... and how busy does it get? :)

Prices are reasonable.  I wouldn't quote a "dish" price because their
"dishes" will feed 3-6 people easily.   Split between a party, though,
you could probably spend < $20 each if you don't buy alcohol or dessert.

It's exceedingly busy on the weekends; weeknights might be better.  They
don't accept reservations, so depending on the size of the party and the
business level you could wait up to two hours for a table.

And their food isn't _that_ good IMHO.  You're almost certainly better
off at one of the Italian restaurants up in North Beach.  It's not that
their food is bad, but it's nothing to write home about.

--
Michael S. Fischer / michael at dynamine.net / +1 650-533-4684
Lead Hacketeer, Dynamine Consulting, Silicon Valley, CA