mutt/gpg reports untrustworthy?

Evan Prodromou evan@debian.org
10 Jul 2001 19:47:07 -0700

    TG> Ok, this is wierd.  I personally signed M. Drew's key, and my
    TG> gpg --list-keys confirms it, but when I read a message from
    TG> him in mutt I get this

    TG> gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!

Hurgh. Try making sure that you have this line somewhere in your
.gnupg/options:

        default-key 34984B9C

...since that is the key you used to sign dtype's key.

    TG> I interpret this to mean that it successfully contacted a
    TG> keyserver [...]

It probably in fact did not go out to the keyserver to get this key,
since it is in the local keyring.

Some mailers will fetch from a keyserver. Some will not. This is not
necessarily something that happens automatically with GnuPG.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou
evan@debian.org