AFTER THE PARTY [was Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bay Area Debian Get-Together and Key-signing Party]

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:49:56 +0000

--dzI2QqkSBOAresgT

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 02:45:41PM -0700, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> I just got this to work pretty well with a shell command line:
>=20
> gpg --list-keys | grep ^pub | cut -c12-20 | xargs gpg --keyserver pgp.dty=
pe.org --recv-keys

Damn you and your superior script knowledge.
Never heard of 'cut' before. I've learned something new today.

gpg will never try to re-retrieve a key it already has, but if there are
new sigs, then that might expand your web of trust, so it is in your intere=
st
to re-recv the keys again every so often. Make sure to run
'gpg --update-trustdb' afterwords.

-drew

--=20
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/