AFTER THE PARTY [was Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bay Area Debian Get-Together and Key-signing Party]

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:45:41 -0700

M. Drew Streib writes:

> I believe (biased, but probably true) that pgp.dtype.org
> (wwwkeys.us.pgp.net) is the best connected and most complete
> ring in the US, and one of the most connected few in the world.
> It is connected with SURFnet (nl), MIT, GATech (Peter Wan), and
> soon keyserver/certserver.pgp.com (NAI).

That's really impressive.

> If you want to pull new sigs from all the keys in your ring, try the
> following perl.
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> $raw = `gpg --list-keys`;
>
> @line = split(/\n/,$raw);
>
> for ($i=0;$i<@line;$i++) {
>         if ($line[$i] =~ /R|D\/(\S\S\S\S\S\S\S\S) /) {
>                 if ($1) {
>                         print "Updating $1...\n";
>                         print `gpg --keyserver pgp.dtype.org --recv-keys $1`;
>                 }
>         }
> }

I just got this to work pretty well with a shell command line:

gpg --list-keys | grep ^pub | cut -c12-20 | xargs gpg --keyserver pgp.dtype.org --recv-keys